Our mission is to provide a safe place where people are accepted, encouraged and can grow to be more like Jesus.
We have a vision to join with Jesus to set the captives free inside and out (Luke 4:18).
What we do
- A Team of volunteers (Men and Women) go into our local prison to help with Sunday chapel services, mentoring, befriending, and Evangelistic discipleship classes.
- Prisoners are linked to Churches and individuals who can support them through their sentence and also after they are released.
As one of my prisoners said “I Know Jesus is with me in Prison but will he come with me through the Gates”
- Ex prisoners are integrated into CLF church life at every level relevant to them.
- Mutual support groups. Our current forum includes Ex Prisoners group, Recovering addicts group, outings to activities in the wider Christian community.
- Support provided to ex- prisoners with life skill weaknesses.
How you can get involved
- Befriend and mentor those coming out of prison
- Help out and support a Sunday service or a midweek Bible study group in a Prison
- Arrange for worship CD’s (Must be new original not copied or burnt) to be sent to prison and added to the Chapel library
- Practical Help e.g. Help an ex-prisoner with accommodation or in gaining employment
- Supply resources to a local prison (e.g. Worship CDs, teaching CDs, Bibles or books)
What you will need
- Commitment and faithfulness
- Patience and more patience
- Wisdom (many offenders have lived a life of disappointment and deceit)
- Humility and non-judgemental attitude
- Prayer support from those around you
For further details on how to get involved or to get more information please contact: Alison Smith.
By Post: CLF Prison Ministry, 87 Trafalgar Road, Greenwich, London SE10 9TS
By Phone: 020 8858 6482
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org